Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Start Researching!

http://iserotope.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/research-paper.jpg
     For today exhibition, we started on researching. We started with finding books at the library, but I was unable to find the books I needed for my research. Fortunately, I got good information on Britannica School and also from other websites. Before I start looking and writing notes, I always put the bibliography into my document, but it was challenging when I had to put the bibliography of books. The book was not found so I had to type manually and it took longer time than just copy and pasting URL code. 
     At recess time we had a mentor meeting with Ms. Mattews. She gave me different synonyms of land pollution (Landfill, Chemical Waste, Acid Rain, Fertilizers, Peshicides), when I told her that I couldn't find books in the library related to my topic. Our next step is researching with primary sources, not just secondary. Also, we have to take action too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jungyun,

    It is interesting how you found it challenging to cite the book you found- because bibliographies were originally invented to keep track of books! Even the term 'biblio' in 'bibliography' is Greek for relating to books! As you continue making citations in the future you will find that books are actually among the easiest to cite. Keep up the great work on your blog!

    ReplyDelete